Tuesday, September 6, 2011

No More First Days of Class

It seems so repetitive to hear the phrase 'first day of class.' I've gotten used to it since the day I came to college. I've seen a lot of things on the first day, from meeting new (or recurrent) professors, receiving the syllabus to acquainting and meeting new friends. Every first day you felt like you're still new to school. Coming from a long, or sometimes short vacation, your mind isn't used to starting over. It tells you that you want more fun. First day is sometimes a disease that you need to get over with, but this eventually evolves into an antibody when you help cope up with freshly-minted lessons and school work.

Every late May, early September and early January, it's always a repetitive cycle; not wanting to go to school an allergy for the many. That goes on for three, four or maybe five years. But once the fulfillment of finishing a degree is secured, you go on free and able. Now I no longer am afflicted with this first day allergy. As I'm about to earn my diploma, I continue to reflect on what has happened over the last four years. And this is just the first of some.

No comments:

Post a Comment