Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Month After Graduation

It has been a month since I graduated, and a lot of things have passed since walking to the PICC stage that October. For all that primal screaming and what not, I still had a lot to make up for the rest of 2011, as well as careful preparation for a career ahead.

Six days after graduation, I made my way to Fiamma to celebrate my newfound emancipation from a life of studying, learning and honing. I didn't drink much that night, but still had a lot of fun with old friends, complete with hip-hop music to dance to. Over the next few weeks, I started searching for ideal employment opportunities, something that I've been looking forward to since graduation. However because of a fear of 'burnout' I decided to put full-time employment on hold until early 2012; nevertheless I kept myself updated to any open employment opportunities.

To kick off November, I seriously began to pursue blogging as a hobby. This is where 'PopCornTure' was conceptualized. I had been a pop culture fanatic ever since late in high school, so I used my fascination to pop culture as well as my craving for adventure to create this blog. However, blogging wasn't a new thing for me. I had been writing blogs since senior year in high school, but most of its content have been personal and introspective. This year, however, was different. I finally realized the power of blogging as a way for disseminating information to other people. So I decided to create this blog as a way to open up and to teach other people about my views on pop culture, as well as my personal endeavors.

In addition, I had been working part-time for a website/magazine my fellow communication arts majors mates established several months ago. It was my way of preparing myself for greater adventures ahead in the corporate world.

Speaking of making up for lost time, I planned on attending several big events to expose myself for bigger adventures ahead. More on my experiences in the coming weeks.

As for school, I never missed life as we knew it. I still made my way to school on occasion to meet old friends who still study. It was a way to reconnect, reminisce and rekindle days gone by.

What's in store for me in the future? Who knows, I may end up as a journalist or as a successful blogger. Regardless, I'm hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment