Thursday, October 27, 2011

A 21st Birthday Message

Tomorrow (Saturday) marks another milestone in your life. A moment you deserved to hear.

We've been friends for three years now, but it seems like eternity after all the minutes I've spent in this very spot near the photo copier in SJ. However I regretted that we should have been friends sooner than that. It was so unfortunate that I never had the chance to be friends with you for my entire college life, which for the first four terms were spent in virtual anonymity. I wished for a lot more.

Being friends with you, however, made me feel a lot comfortable. I owe you a lot for developing a special bond with your teammates and friends, and for helping me inject some confidence and belief amidst the most difficult of struggles. I've survived college with your help, now I hope I can help you if I have the time.

You've been one of the smartest people I've ever met, and also the most hard working. You had the bob when I first met you; three years and a few inches of hair later, you were still the same Kyla Olives that I've witnessed for a majority of my college stay, ever the balance of enthusiasm and of wisdom. And even as you age, you'll always be remembered for being one of the most fun friends I've ever met.

Happy 21st birthday, Kyla. I'll never forget you for your kindness and respect you showed me throughout my time in college. 'Til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment