Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Majors Mates

I came to DLSU in May 2008, and my first friends were my blockmates. In January 2009 I was introduced to my course's other block, and in June 2009 to the double-majors block. In those three and a third years I got along pretty well with my fellow majors mates, especially when dealing with the major subjects, thesis and even the stringent professors.

The first of my majors mates graduated in June. This October, a bulk of this batch (myself included) will be graduating as well. How time flies. I knew that when my final term began, I'm confident that I'll be graduating with the majority of my majors mates in October, that's why I worked very hard on finishing both my floatings and thesis in order to reach that goal.

I actually became closer to my college batchmates than to my high school mates, but by saying that I'm better off with friends from college than to my high school batchmates is an understatement. I recently attended a batch reunion last July to downplay that.

But back to my college mates. I had the privilege to be classmates with all of LR19 from first to second year of frosh year, and sporadically from third term on. I also had the privilege to be classmates with all of LR17 at some points. However, I never had a chance to be classmates with some of LC18, especially during majors classes. I may feel disappointed, but I still maintain contact with them. I grew up helping and getting help from them while taking our majors and thesis, at one point I even became the cover of a magazine in another class' INTPRIN finals. That approach served me well, as I managed to earn consistent passing grades in my majors.

Now as we head to the podium and earn our diplomas, I'll never forget the times I've spent with my majors mates. Even when we move on for work, we'll never be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment