Thursday, October 20, 2011

Gone Too Soon

A few weeks before my batch graduated, I was shocked to learn about Ms. Nicole Gaba's sudden resignation from the USG. Only now I learned the ramifications of her leaving, in that she's leaving the 'Three Stars and a Sun' for good. Personally we don't know much about each other but I feel sad about what happened. Indeed, there are times that not all of our obligations are meant to be fulfilled.

Three years and eight months earlier, my batchmate Cara Zamora left us late in frosh year to migrate to the U.S., where she resides today. Even before she left I was already informed of her decision to move and I reluctantly accepted it. Still, her departure left me wondered, 'What Might Have Been?'

On the contrary, I had some friends who were admitted to DLSU way too late. Jay Laurel, my good friend, is on his fourth year in college but is only in his second at the Taft campus. Back in 2009, my batchmate Kyla Olives arranged the transfer papers for Jay to move to DLSU. Before then I didn't know him so well because of his infrequent visits to the tambayan but once he checks in for good, everything fell into place. And Jenny Yupangco, another good friend of mine, was only in her third year in DLSU whereas she is on her fourth year overall. Had they passed the DLSUCET in my senior HS year, they would've been batchmates of mine instead of being transferees from another college. There is a phrase that says 'Not every thing is home sweet home,' which explains that it's not all the time that you'll be comfortable in one place.

The ebb and flow of college goes on and on. Not every moment deserves a happy ending. In the end, our decisions dictate our lives, even if it's a reluctant one.

No comments:

Post a Comment