Monday, October 3, 2011

Kyla and Jay

I first met Kyla back in soph year, her hair still shorter then. I met Jay somewhere late in soph year, but it wasn't after he transferred college in my junior year that we started to get along. Little did I knew that they've been together for an eternity.

Kyla is currently in senior year taking double majors in communication arts and advertising. She was one of five fellow commarts from Assumption Antipolo, along with Marsha, Anya, Cynch and Patty. She has been a member of the softball team since frosh year, and a perennial dean's lister, thus she has been able to balance academics and athletics. During breaks she frequently resides on a bench near the SJ building, along with her fellow teammates. When I met Kyla during soph year, at the time I was approaching Gaby, a teammate of hers and a classmate of mine then, for help during economics class. As the days went on, I was gradually acquainted to their world, and I mean, their tambayan. At times Kyla would bring in some relatives of hers and introduce them to me. One such 'relative' happens to be Jay, her long-time boyfriend.

Kyla helped facilitate Jay's transfer papers to La Salle late in my soph year. When junior year came, I didn't waste time dealing with a dude that seems very accommodating. Upon his transfer he brought along Carly, his younger brother, who enrolled as a frosh. At first, I didn't want to deal with Carly because he was stubborn at times. However, as the months wore on I was beginning to understand him a lot for he was a prankster among the group, and for whatever reason his pranking really served me well. But back to Jay. He was a senior transferee then, and his adjustment to the Taft life has been tremendous at best. Despite the fact that he had to sit out two years before he could make the top tier of the school's baseball team, he had been able to practice and bond well with teammates. For Jay, waiting may be filled with tension, but waiting may well be worth it.

I would've not survived college without the two of them, so I feel thankful that Kyla and Jay played a huge part in making college life meaningful. I may be leaving now, but they'll not be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment